When making goals, I normally want a complete overhaul but that's not very realistic or sustainable for me. I operate in extremes. I have learned though that I need to take change in strides. Here are a few general goals that I have listed out for myself:
- Drink more water (at least 8 glasses a day).
- Read the Word each morning.
- Exercise 20 minutes at least 5 times a week (I am shooting for everyday, but I know that I will inevitably miss some days). Remember, set realistic goals that are attainable and sustainable.
- Spend quality time with my kiddos everyday. Do something fun with them for at least 15 min.
- Plan out our meals each week including breakfast and lunch.
- Get Harper and myself outside at least every other day.
- Bedtime routine includes clean up time. Pick up toys, put away clothes, etc.
- No computer time while kids are awake. This is a biggie!
- Study and use the language everyday.
- To update this blog at least once a week, hopefully more! (Let me know if you are reading/lurking on here. It will give me more motivation. :-)
These are the beginning of my goals. I have more involved goals but this is a good place for me to start, especially with a two month old to care after and feed every 3 hours. :-) I already tried the more extreme version; day one was an ultimate failure. Ha. My attitude was horrendous if the schedule was not followed or if my children did not feel like cooperating with what HH had planned next. Imagine that! I am learning folks!
What are some of your goals? Do you normally need a gradual process or do you just go for a complete overhaul?