Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stuck in a Rut

Friends, do you ever get stuck in a rut?  Why do we like to wallow in self-pity?  I can find excuses galore as to why I just laid in bed for half the day, or why I just spent my daughter's entire nap time on the Internet, but the truth is, it's just plain 'ole ugly sin.  The sin of selfishness.  I can call it escaping, culture shock, cultural stress, being 9 months pregnant and hormones raging, or I can just call it what it is, SIN!

I sit here, convicted, as I reflect on how much of my attitude as a wife and mom effects the state of our home.  If I am lazy, my family suffers.  If I am unmotivated, unscheduled, and unplanned my family pays the price.  To tell you the truth, the past two months have been hard.  We have been traveling, living in new places, and preparing for our second child.  Our routine and schedule has been interrupted every 3 months since we moved in January.  Well, to tell you the truth, we have been living like gypsies for over a year now, and it has been hard to keep up with.  It is exhausting.  How do you plan activities with a toddler when you can only travel with the bare bone necessities?  She only has a few toys and activities that she can bring with her.  How do you stick to a routine and schedule when you have to learn a new city and transportation system, and it takes at least 2, but probably 3 hours to go grocery shopping?  How much of what I feel that I need to do as a wife and mom is biblical and how much is still hanging on from a cultural "American" influence? Or from comparison? These are all questions that I am working through right now.  So far, the only thing I've got is to go back to the basics.  Keep it simple.  I was encouraged by this post over at  Passionate Homemaking on Keeping Your Soul Refreshed as a Mother.

As I sit here, listening to some worship music, I am reminded how amazing it is that we can cry out to our Father, to come and MOVE, to illumine our hearts and minds, and that HE WILL meet us right where we are.  Praise God for His love and the blessings of grace and mercy that he has freely poured out for us in Christ.  Praise God for forgiveness and for renewing our hearts and spirits.

Well, here I am crying out for more of YOU, Lord come and move in my life today, in my midst and in the lives of my brothers and sisters all across the world.  Come and move in the lives of those who have never heard of you before.  Use us Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment