Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Twenty-Nine

The number right before the big 30 and the age I turned this past Sunday.   

My hope for this next year of my life: to display Christ and His righteousness.  Here is a verse from the song "All I have is Christ" by Sovereign Grace that I want to exemplify this next year of my life:


Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone

And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me.
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose.

And let my song forever be
My only boast is You.


I sort of like aging (all except the physical part of it).  Strange as it may be, it allows me to see how I have changed, and hopefully matured.  Although, I still see areas where I need to "grow up." haha.  It is weird to think that I am now 29.  How did I get here?!  It seems just like yesterday that I was entering college and learning to live on my own.  Now, as I sit here, I am a wife and a mom.  I can only imagine how fast the time will pass between now and when my kiddos will be going off to college.  



My prayer is that God would use my ransomed life in any way He chooses, and that I would be thankful for all the blessings along the way, all the opportunities to share life with those around me and to share Christ and his love with my family, friends and neighbors.  

We have been in our new country's capital awaiting the arrival of baby brother (whose name will be announced soon) for about a month now.  This city is HUGE!!! But, I knew that I wanted to get out and do something fun for my birthday, even at 39 weeks pregnant.  My family loved me well.  Hubs surprised me with some beautiful flowers to start out the morning.

We then had a time of worship together singing, reading and praying.  For lunch we traveled to a cafe we had spotted about 3 weeks ago that looked interesting.  It turned out to be the best food we have had since we arrived here.  The food was fresh and the flavor was amazing and very different from anything you would expect to find in this country.  The cafe even gave me a free piece of cake for being pregnant.  They didn't even know it was my birthday.  How generous!  



This is the Burger Girl.  It was a crab cake and fish burger with all the greens, pesto and yummy goodness.  It was amazing.  FYI:  The cafe is called "Cup & Cake"

We had already planned to go to Pinkberry after lunch.  We couldn't disappoint Harper, so we still decided to go even after the free slice of cake.  I got the salty caramel with lots of yummy toppings.  Two desserts and good food while being surrounded by the people I love most=a great birthday. 
  




1 comment: